Skip to Main Content
Park County School District #1
Driven by Excellence


Turn here for answers right at your fingertips. Can’t find what you’re looking for? We’re always happy to help; just give us a call.

How old does my child need to be to register for kindergarten?

Students must be five years old on or before September 15 to be admitted to kindergarten. Learn about our registration process.

Back to Top

How old does my child need to be to participate in the Early Childhood Program? Do I need to pre-register?

We offer two programs: one for three-year-olds and one for four and five-year-olds. We do require parents to pre-register their children prior to attending. To learn more or for registration information, visit our Early Childhood Program page.

Back to Top

How do I register/enroll as a transfer student?

Welcome to PCSD #1! We’ve got all the details on our Enrollment page.

Back to Top

Does PCSD #1 offer help to students falling behind or struggling in math or the English language arts?

Yes, we do! Talk to your child’s teacher about a referral to participate in our After School Program.

Back to Top

What special education services do you offer?

We offer a variety of services based on the student’s IEP. These services may include life skills, speech, occupational therapy, and so forth. Visit our Parent and Special Student Services page to learn more.

Back to Top

May I attend board meetings?

Yes, we welcome the public to attend our meetings. Your opinion, and your support, make a difference. We meet every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the boardroom. We post upcoming meeting agendas and past meeting minutes on our Board of Trustees page.

Back to Top

How will we know if school is canceled or delayed due to bad weather conditions?

We will post an alert on our website. You may also tune in to the local news stations.

Back to Top

How do I apply for the Free and Reduced Meal Price program? Can I only do that at the start of the school year?

Simply request the application form from the district or your school office. Should your circumstances change due to disability or job loss, be sure to apply—we accept applications throughout the year.

Back to Top

What’s for lunch and how much does it cost?

We’ve got all the answers on our Food Services page.

Back to Top